Gracie Roberts is a baker in my upcoming release The Name of the Game book three in the Something New series. James Donovan is making her a tad crazy and she is working out her frustrations in the kitchen by whipping up a batch of S'more Cupcakes. Enjoy and I hope you enjoy reading Gracie and James story on September 29,2015.
2 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 cup whole milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
9 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
3 Hershey Bars or a Bag of Hershey mini-bars (for decorative topping optional)
8 large egg whites
2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Directions for Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 standard muffin tins with cupcake liners; set aside.
- Sift 2 cups and 2 tablespoons sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together into the large mixer bowl. Mix ingredients together on low speed.
- In a large bowl, mix together eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla. Add to flour mixture and beat on medium speed for 30 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl and continue mixing on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add boiling water and stir to combine; set cupcake batter aside.
- Place graham cracker crumbs, remaining 1/4 cup sugar, and melted butter in a large bowl; stir until well combined.
- Place 1 tablespoon graham cracker mixture into the bottom of each prepared muffin cup. Use a shot glass or thumb to pack crumbs into the bottom of each cupcake liner. Set aside remaining graham cracker mixture for topping.
- Place 2 teaspoons chocolate in each muffin cup. Transfer muffin tins to oven and bake until the edges of the graham cracker mixture is golden, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and fill each muffin cup three-quarters full with cake batter. Sprinkle each with remaining chocolate and graham cracker mixture. Return to oven and bake until top is firm and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (18 to 20 minutes) Transfer muffin tins to a wire rack and let cupcakes cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan and let cool completely.
Directions for Marshmallow Frosting:
- Place egg whites, sugar, and cream of tartar in the heatproof bowl of an electric mixer. Set over a saucepan with simmering water. Whisk constantly until sugar is dissolved and whites are warm to the touch, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer bowl to electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, and beat, starting on low speed, gradually increasing to high, until stiff, glossy peaks form, 5 to 7 minutes. Add vanilla, and mix until combined. Use immediately.
When cool frost with icing using a decorating bag. It is best to wait till right before serving to decorate cupcake. Using a kitchen torch, lightly brown the frosting. Sprinkle a few graham cracker crumbs on each cupcake and add a Hershey mini/ rectangle for decoration. Serve immediately.
*recipe adapted from Martha Stewart show
The Name of the Game
Series: Something New #3
Published by Kensington
Release Date: September 29, 2015
Average rating on Goodreads: 4.01 stars
Number of Reviews: 166 (on Goodreads)Order: Amazon|Barnes & Noble|Kobo|iTunes|Google Play
Some people follow the rules. . .
A professor of forensic anthropology, James Donovan is the reasonable sibling among the passionate, impulsive Donovans. But there's nothing reasonable about his reaction to baker Gracie Roberts. She's all wild curls and mouth-watering curves, as deliciously tempting as the sugary treats she's famous for--and twice as irritating. But before long, James decides that getting a taste of her is one indulgence he can't pass up. . .
Some people play to win. . .
Independent, smart, and sexy, Gracie's year-long dry spell has her itching for a man. Responsible, health-obsessed James? Not in a million years! She needs a guy who knows how to let loose! But when James sets out to show her just how satisfying a disciplined man can be when pleasure is at stake, she learns just how sweet--and spicy--he really is.
Have James and Gracie found the recipe for love